Dr. Asif Shah, DPM, MS
About Dr. Asif Shah, DPM, MS
Dr. Shah joined New Age Foot & Ankle Surgery in July 2003 after completing his residency program.
Dr. Shah attended the University of Rochester, NY and received his B.A & Certificate of Management and received his podiatric degree (DPM) from Barry University School of Medical Science in southern Florida. He completed his residency in primary medicine, plastic surgery, extensive forefoot, rear foot and ankle surgery at the James A. Haley Veteran’s Administration in Tampa, Florida. During his time there, the James A. Haley Veteran’s Administration program was recognized as the busiest, the most difficult, and the most demanding hospital in the Federal Government’s Organization for American Veterans in the United States of America.
Dr. Shah’s continuing education includes: application of external fixation, advanced application of internal and external fixations, ankle and foot artheroscopy, forefoot and rear foot reconstruction, reconstructive plastic surgery of the foot, advanced surgical techniques in ankle and foot trauma, diabetic wound care and limb salvage.
- University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Bachelors of Arts, 1992
- Certificate of Management, 1992
- Barry University, Miami FL
- School of Graduate Medical Science, D.P.M, 2000
- Master of Science, Biomedical Science, 1997
- Plantation General Hospital, Primary Podiatric Medical Residency, Plantation, FL
- Rotation included (but not limited to): emergency medicine, internal medicine, pathology, podiatric surgery, behavioral science, radiology, podiatric & internal medicine, office rotations, wound care clinic, physical medicine, infectious disease & numerous elective rotations.
- James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Primary Podiatric Medical & Surgical Residency, Tampa FL
- Postgraduate Podiatric medical training with extensive clinical & surgical experience at the busiest Veterans Hospital in the United States. Including nursing home rotations with extensive routine & diabetic foot care, complicated wound care patient all aspects of Podiatric care for a diverse community of patients. Surgical training with a strong emphasis on forefoot, rearfoot, and diabetic limb salvage. On-going training at affiliated Veterans hospital for plastic surgery and extensive wound management
- Member of American Podiatric Medical Association
- Member of American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Member of American Diabetes Association
- Member of the Virginia Podiatric Medical Association
- Commonwealth of Virginia Active Licenses
- America Board of Podiatric Surgery Board Qualified, June 2003
- Board Certified in Foot Surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery 2009
- Medical & Surgical privileges at Henrico Doctor’s Hospital, St. Mary’s , Retreat Hospital, Hanover OutPatient Surgical Center, Stony Point Surgical Center, Southside Community Hospital